Thursday, July 4, 2013

Payne's Summer Home

Dear friends,

Years ago (before cel phones!) we often had a house-sitter while I was on a road trip. Once I called home to check in and discovered the message on my machine had been changed. I laughed and laughed: "Payne's Summer Home, Some're here and some're not!" Hey, I'm wondering: who reads email on the 4th of July? Guess I'll find out soon...

Just a couple of things I want to tell you about. But first Ill let you know that I just did part of an hour long promo for Colorado Brazil Fest live on KGNU's Musica Mundi last night... music with Alfredo Muro and Raoul Rossiter and explanation and information by spokespeople from Boulder Samba School, Dan Curtis, Celia Macedo & Marcio Sousa.

Ewket was a great host and you can listen to the whole thng at: http://www.kgnu.org/musica/7/3/2013

Now, briefly, cause I know you are packing the picnic as you read this. But, just in case you have not made a plan for today (it's free!) -

THUR July 4 6:30-8pm  Banning Lewis Ranch (6885 Vista Del Pico, Colo Spgs)
Lionel Young Band 

FRI  July 5, 7:30pm    Pearl Street Mall (Bldr)
Bateria Alegria
Join us for samba percussion fun - it's my birthday!

THUR  July 11,  8-11pm  Caffe Sole (Table Mesa Shpg Ctr, Bldr)
Dexter Payne Quartet + One with Bill Kopper, Dave Willey, Raoul Rossiter, Victor Mestas Perez

See you soon!
Dexter

No comments: