Thursday, May 16, 2013

Denver rush - today with Swing je T'aime!

Hi friends,

This is a real quick note to let you know last minute about Denver shows. Can't help a small tangent to say we have mastered the Lionel Young Band CD and it sounds great! I just found a new song order that , I think, lights up all the songs - can't wait to get it out to you.

And, as long as I'm digressing... Very soon the Dexter Payne Quartet will be featured on a n internet cooking show. Yes, that's what I said - Sunana Batra is a fabulos Indian chef who does cookin videos and we are putting together a show with the quartet. And the Quartet CD is coming along, too!

Lots of great shows in the coming weeks, but right now I want to let you know about two dates I am doing for Five Points Jazz Festival, subbing with Aaron Walker's "Swing je T'aime". 'Scuse my French - but it is a very cool project, gypsy jazz and much more, by some really top musicians, cant wait to play with them... hope you will come out, lots of great music!

See you there!
Dexter

THUR  May 16,  12:15-1pm  McNichols Building (Denver Civic Center, Colfax & Bannock)
Swing je T'aime


SAT  May 18,  12:30-2pm  Five Points Jazz (Welton St, Den)
Swing je T'aime

No comments: