Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ringing In 2010

Christmas Eve was a really lovely scene: a candle lighting ceremony ended a the service which Michael Stanwood and I have played for several years. Then I was off to the mountains with Salem for dates in Vail and Steamboat.

Closing a year of learning, not always easy, of fresh perspectives, some tougher than others. Covered a lot of "ground" ... and our spiral trajectory through space and time shows no sign of slowing! Thanks to all of you for your interest, your ears, your hearts. You are a very important inspiration in my life - I am sending a big hug of gratitude to each of you. Just click twice on the word HUG?

WED  Dec 30, 9:30pm - midnight    Dazzle  (9th & Lincoln, Denver) no cover
 
Ring in the New Year : Duo tonight with piano maestro Jeff Jenkins in his weekly "Wed  Piano Conversations with Jeff Jenkins" series at Dazzle. Such an honor! If you dont know Jeff, you have not watched the local jazz scene closely. I played with Jeff recently at the St Julien and most notably with Thiago de Mello at Dazzle for last year's CD release at Dazzle. We had so much fun in rehearsal for this evening that I think we have way too much material!


THUR  Dec 31, 7pm - ??    Viceroy Snowmass  (Snowmass Village, CO)


New Years Eve - How about a night at the new Viceroy Snowmass? I will play there with the amazing Dan Sadowsky (a.k.a. Pastor Mustard). I am thinking of the days when I used to sit in with Ophelia Swing.

Let's all grow in wisdom and compassion, peace and abundance. One thing is certain, what ever the future holds, we all move into it together!
 


PS- Just downloaded both Ophelia Swing Band albums on iTunes!
Dexter
note@dexterpayne.com

www.dexterpayne.com
www.dexofon.com





No comments: