Monday, November 5, 2012

And now, for something completely different!

Hi friends,

Election crazies, we got 'em! Not talking about people, I'm talking about the crazy, urgent, manic frenzy. I have some pretty strong opinions, so don't get me started. We can talk about those in person (or not!) I will say that I do not believe that NOT voting is a solution at this time (& place) and I do not believe that our political duty to ourselves and each other ends on Tuesday! There!

The good news is we actually have a few opportunities to talk together about that, or anything else! So come out and hear some great music of the Balkan variety (this could be your big chance to hear Veelah in Denver this year - twice!) and we have the honor of playing with AZRA, a great singer in the Roma tradition from Bosnia. When I hear us with her I get a feeling I can't describe like, "Ahh! That's what this music is about!"

And if that's not your cup of tea, or you are a Boulderite who doesn't want to go to Denver, or you really love Brazilian music (and who doesn't, really?) the Dexter Payne Quartet is on our monthly outing - but more than that: We are recording live! So come out and be part of recorded history...

Where ever you go, there we are!
See you there,
Dexter

MON  Nov 5,  7-10pm  Dazzle (9th&Lincoln, Den)
Veelah with special guest singer AZRA
(Meg York, Dave Willey, Brian Mullins, James Hoskins, Jesse Manno, Dexter Payne)

THURS  Nov 8,   7:30-10:30pm  Caffe Sole (Table Mesa Ctr, S. Broadway, Bldr)
Dexter Payne Quartet with Dave Willey, Bill Kopper, Raoul Rossiter
LIVE RECORDING


FRI  Nov 9,   7-10pm  Swallow Hill (E. Yale at S. Broadway, Den)
Veelah with special guest singer AZRA 
(Meg York, Dave Willey, Brian Mullins, James Hoskins, Jesse Manno, Dexter Payne)

No comments: