Friday, February 3, 2012

Hi everyone,

Winter in Colorado (today at least!) is looking pretty post card-ish. Good time for a walk in the snow... at the very least. My music season is picking up slow - last year's blistering pace will be hard to match though it appears that it will pick up momentum soon.

Right now I am enjoying teaching Afropop Ensemble (my fourth year as adjunct!) This time it's a team effort with percussionist Scott Mast. Scott, a Naropa grad, brings a lot to the effort and it is an even richer experience - that's saying a lot! Music is a community experience.

A few great gigs coming up I want you to know about: First, tomorrow, Sat, Feb 4th, is one of my precious dates with Playback Theater West at the Dairy. Don't miss it, especially if you haver never see Playback. A group of very talented and conscious actors spontaneously play back stories told by audience volunteers... and I play the sound track. Every time I laugh, I cry.

Wed, the 8th is the bi-monthly Morning Music Meditation at Boulder Library on Canyon. Its a rotating cast of great musicians playing contemplative sounds for your enjoyment. Always makes me feel wonderful - come try it for yourself.

Thursday is that favorite day of the month: Second Thursday at Caffe Sole with the Dexter Payne Quartet. It is a great joy for me to swim in the Brazilian tradition with Bill Kopper, Dave Willey and Raoul Rossiter. Starting my 7th year with Bill and Raoul, and Dave is a brilliant musical intuitive who might have actually been the first accordionist in Brazil.

Then on the weekend I am off to Rapid City for the first forray of the year with Lionel Young Band. Come on along, only a day's drive!

See you there!
Dexter

SAT  Feb 4, 8pm   Dairy Center fro the Arts (26th & Walnut, Bldr)
Playback Theater West


WED  Feb 8th, 10:30-11:30am Boulder Library Canyon Theater (9th&Canyon, Bldr)
Morning Music Meditation


THUR  Feb 9th,  7:30-10:30pm Caffe Sole (Table Mesa Ctr, Bldr)
Dexter Payne Quartet wi Bill Kopper, Dave Willey, Raoul Rossiter


SAT  Feb 11th, Rapid City, SD
Lionel Young Band

No comments: