Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Endings - Beginnings

A school year comes to it's end. I had a great time with Naropa Afropop Ensemble - a really great bunch this year. They learned a lot (I think!) and sang and played like pros for the final concert Sunday night. They really lead themselves - I just helped them through the rough spots. And at the same time I was completely inspired and enlightened by taking a class with Bill Douglas. The legendary! I have heard about Bill's classes for so many years (from so many great musicians), it was a special treat to be there. Pushed me into places I don't normally go! Meanwhile, music is alive:

WED   May 5, 6:30-9:30pm   St Julien Hotel (9th&Walnut, Bldr)
Moussa Konate Band

Moussa Konate, Malian guitarist/singer has a new line-up, including three members of the Naropa Afropop Ensemble! Great dance music!

THUR   May6, 7:30pm  Broadway & Pearl (heading to the Laughing Goat @ 17th&Pearl)
Bateria Alegria

The samba parade band of the one yr old Boulder Samba School. Join the fun! We parade the first Thurs of every month to the Laughing Goat where Ginga Grande leads the popular roda de samba pagode session. Sing, dance!

MON   May 10, 7-8pm KGNU (88.5fm, 1390am, www.kgnu.org)
Moussa Konate Band

Moussa Konate and the band on KGNU's Concert Cabaret. Tune in! Call in!

See you there!
Dexter

No comments: