Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Spring to Remember

I have just returned from a very moving gathering of old friends. Saturday was a sad and joyful day as we celebrated the life of Bruce Laxalt, poet, lawyer, glider pilot and bass player in a couple of bands I played with in California and Nevada in my early years. Bruce died  March 19 after a 9 year battle with ALS. I joined David Horgan, Rob Saunders and Eli Dokson playing old favorites and new sounds for the funeral and the party which followed. It was great seeing friends, some of whom I have not been with for years. We laughed and cried.

Other news: I have a new clarinet! I have retired the instrument that I have played continuously since I was 14 and I am very excited... and enjoying an even older instrument! Come check it out!

TUE  March 30,   6:30-9:30pm    St Julien Hotel (9th&Walnut, Bldr)
Dexter Payne Quartet with Bill Kopper, Dave Willey, Raoul Rossiter

FRI    Apr 2,         8pm                 Naropa Faculty Concert (21st&Arapahoe, Bldr)
Trio: Greg LaLiberte, Francisco Marques, Dexter Payne

SAT   Apr 3,         8pm               Playback Theater West  (Dairy Ctr, 26th St, Bldr)

Come out and enjoy the warmth!

Dexter

No comments: